Tuesday 3 April 2012

April: Organising baby clothes/storage

I alway get a bit over stimulated (bit like a baby) at the beginning of a new month and want to achieve goals simply because the first of the month feels like a good time to kick things off.

I've got a few things on the go this month. Staying healthy, dropping baby weight, growing out my hair (this is a big one for me) and organising clothes and bits in the home.

The biggest issue in terms of organising for me is clothes; mine and my sons. We both have more than the space we've been allocated to put them in! I've become attached to some of his stuff, like his first outfits and presents from relatives and I really don't want to throw these out.

I have sorted through all of his 0-3 months pieces and split them into two piles, stuff I'm keeping and stuff that gots to go. It'll be charity shop or carboot sale for them. I'm really impressed that my mum has retained my childhood clothes and even some toys. How do you think things become vintage sweetie?

I started with the large drawers of the baby's clothes yesterday. Tackling bedding and towels tomorrow. Here is what it looks like post inspiration from Ikea. I'm not a big fan of Ikea furniture as I think it looks obvious and isn't built to last. I prefer older looking furnitures like good old strong pine from those random shops that sell it by the dozen. But they are the best for clever storage solutions, one off storage boxes and candles. Plus I can't stand the lay out of the store, annoying that you have to walk the entire store to get to one thing. Enough complaining here goes

Super tidy, my mother will be proud

The dividers

Storage boxes for hair products

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog, it's brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouragement, please keep reading and please do become a member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is main think about it. It is a huge store where you can get all necessary items which you want.i took lots of things over there. It is informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you really are super tidy and organised. Im in the process of sorting my little ones clothes he's only 15 weeks and it feels strange to have to part with some of his lovely clothes already! The only thing he hasn't outgrown are his bibs!

    ReplyDelete