Thursday 19 April 2012

I've gone wean-ey mad- Munchkin babyfood grinder review

Wean-ey mad, get it?  No, not funny?  Anywho, yet again I became obsessive about buying, this time it was weaning stuff; cuos, bowls, spoons.  Don't say the words Brother Max to me ever again.  Oh I love it really and I will post a pic of all my weaning delights in due course so you can see how over the top I can get.

But this post is all about my latest weaning toy; The Munchkin baby food grinder

In my household we do not have a microwave (I don't like to nuke my food) and I generally shy away from too much electrical preparation when it comes to baby's food.
I do own a blenders/choppers/juicers but in an attempt to give my baby's food the human touch I thought I'd invest in something manual.

I've been eyeing this up for while, I think the RRP is £10 but I thought a fork would do just as well.  Untill this week when I poped into Wilkinson and it was £5.98, fab, it was mine!

Since I have used it twice; on a kiwi which didn't go to well.  I should have chopped it into 2/4 but instead I put the whole thing in the inner tube, silly me.  I used it yesterday to puree some fruit I had steamed, a pear, plum and apple. I could have done them together but decided to grind each one seperately, put them into the Brother Max weaning pot and mix from in there.  The result was good, nice consistency, not too much waste or bother and very easy to clean.  It also appeals to me because it is portable and light, not like the oxo one which is massive and looks like a victorian tourture tool.

I would recommend this for half price but in my opinion it isn't worth a tenner when you can use a potato masher or something if you don't which to sell out.  But it is function and I like it and can see myself using it often.  Hmmmm, 4 out of 5 stars from onelove.

No comments:

Post a Comment