Saturday 24 March 2012

Alternative to a plastic teether

Where ever possible I prefer to use organic or natural products when it comes to my son.  I'm quite particular on what he puts in his mouth and was reluctant to give him a bottle in the early days.  We needed to give him water to clean his tongue of milk build-up residue.   

When it comes to any plastics they must be BPA free.  We use Medela bottles exclusively for drinking water (although he chews the teat more than actually drink- but we keep trying).  I also have one glass bottle from Green Baby, it's very large so we haven't got round to using it yet.

I never bothered researching what materials go into making baby teethers but I knew I was 100% comfortable with the idea of my son chewing on any kind of plastic even if it was BPA free.  It just so happens that whilst I was shopping in Bebe Bisou I came across a natural teether by Danish company Hevea, a sustainable baby business. 





The teether has a gentle textured surface for soothing irritated gums.  It is made of 100% natural rubber, is sustainably produced, has an easy grip handle and has a hygienic solid design to prevent build up of bacterial.

At £10 it's a bit more expensive than your average teether but you have piece of mind that your baby isn't digesting any chemicals or plastic and because the business is 100% sustainable including the production and packaging your and your baby are doing your part for the environment.  Also after I purchased it I found it cheaper on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment