Sunday 11 March 2012

Boots beauty buys - Soap and Glory

I didn't know Boots had a 3 for 2 event on until I was in store this week. I like to change my shower gel so frequently that I never seem to run out and have about 5 on the go in the bathroom at the moment. I was going to post a pic but I'm too ashamed.

To add to the collection I only went and got this lot. I use Burt's Bees products on my son and wanted to try it out for myself. I haven't used it long enough to give a valuable opinion. 

What I can give an opinion on are two of the three Soap and Glory products I purchased and my opinion so far is that.... 

Before (wearing blush pumpkin by sleek)
They work really well.  I'm not usually impressed by drug store brands and have used Liz Earle Hot cloth and Polish (about 5 years ago) and was very impressed with my clear my skin looked and how clean it felt after each use.  It's something about the hot water/cloth/good product combination that's just tingly and nice.  The Fab Pore product by Soap and Glory is much the same.  I have been using it for 3 days, only in the evening (in the morning I use soap and Weleda Rose day cream) and I can honestly say my face is smoother and clearer and the pores on my nose and cheek appear reduced.  I also had some trouble skin on my cheeks, could be the drying affect from the soap I have been using, but it's pretty much disappeared.

After (no make up)
The two products I am referring to are Soap and Glory The Fab Pore™15 Minute Facial Peel and The Fab Pore™ Hot Cloth Cleanser (comes with a muslin cloth).


I am not a woman who is easily impressed and I'm nearly always sceptical of the outrageous claims that beauty manufactures put on their products.  But so far so good for these two.

I have used the peel (which isn't actually a peel at all) twice.  Once for 5 minute quick fix and once for  15-20 minute deep pore treatment.  I don't feel I can give a valuable opinion until I have used it a few more times, but I can say that I will use it again at least twice this week.

A day later I went back to book and purchased 5 more Soap and Glory products (Scrub your nose in it Exfoliator, Bright Here Bright Now Instant Radiance Energy Balm,  The Greatest Scrub of all Exfoliator, Flake Away Body Scrub, Hand Food hand cream and Clean, Girls Body wash).  Bloody long product names.  I'll only blog about them if they are worth blogging about (you know what I mean).

1 comment:

  1. might go check out boots soon :) x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete